Brian Butterworth published on UK Free TV
What data do we collect?UK Free TV collects personal information about yourself (your postcode and email address) to make possible the services on our website. Such services include message boards and ukfree.tv Freeview prediction.
How do we collect your data?You directly provide UK Free TV with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you: Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
How will we use your data?Ukfree.tv will never contact you for promotional purposes or notifying you of site improvements unless you specifically ask the email notification system to do so. You can cancel your subscription to notifications at any time. We only use your email address for the notifications, and hold no other personal information to provide this service.
How do we store your data?UK Free TV securely stores your data at AWS London. UK Free TV will keep your message board data indefinitely.
MarketingUK Free TV will never send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
What are your data protection rights?UK Free TV would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request UK Free TV for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that UK Free TV correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request UK Free TV to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that UK Free TV erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that UK Free TV restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to UK Free TV 's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that UK Free TV transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Providing location-specific reception predictions
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - UK Free TV uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising - UK Free TV uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. UK Free TV sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookiesYou can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact the appropriate authorityShould you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that UK Free TV has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
Original version 10th September 2006 at 20:09
Help with Freeview, aerials?
Thursday, 5 April 2012
Sunday, 6 May 2012
Please can you tell me if i can play back recordings from my humax pvr which is connected to freeview,in the lounge,to a second tv in the kitchen.The tv in the kitchen is an analogue tv connected to freeview via a coaxial cable and it's own STB.The set up at present is:tv,pvr,analogue vcr(for playback only)with link to second tv in kitchen.I am thinking that if i can play back my vcr content into the kitchen, can i also play back my pvr content via the same link.......thank-you.
|link to this comment
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
L.Dawson: Hi there, The answer to that question is yes and you may already be able to do it, but never known about it. You dont say which Humax PVR you have so here goes; on the back of the humax you should have a scart socket marked VCR, scart up this socket to the scart on the video (if you only have one just use it) marked decoder. With your video switched on and your tv in the kitchen on, select the video playback or monitor chan on that kitchen set which should be "0" or "8" Now! with your video select AV1/AV2/AV/EXT1/EXT2 or which ever INPUT relates to that scart you've patched into from the Humax. Select something from your library of recordings and commission play on the Humax. You should now be able to watch in the kitchen. Send me an sms on 07-957-855-647 if it worked. Regards, Chris Hewson, Kingston-upon-Hull.
|link to this comment
Saturday, 30 June 2012
Sunday, 1 July 2012
Jean: Apart from you possibly living in an area where reception is a bit iffy whereby signals can occasionally drop out, but when you first auto-tuned the TV to pick up the Freeview channels did you select "store" before reverting to viewing? as although most sets automatically store them some don't.
With regards to the signal levels expected at wherever you might be located a post code is required to be able to assess this, although a post code from somewhere "nearby" such as a shop would suffice.
|link to this comment
Sunday, 8 July 2012
Tuesday, 31 July 2012
Our communal aerial is going out of service in April 2013, so I need to have an aerial or satellite installed-probably Freesat.I currently have a Humax freeview topbox. I am confused about the possible effects of 4G on freesat or freeview; I do not want to buy a new topbox etc if there will be problems with it. Can someone please advise me?
|link to this comment
Maria's: mapM's Freeview map terrainM's terrain plot wavesM's frequency data M's Freeview Detailed Coverage
Thursday, 30 August 2012
Tuesday, 12 February 2013
Select more commentsYour comment please