My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o
To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:
1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;
2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;
3) wait 30 seconds;
4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;
5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;
6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;
7) do a complete scan for channels again.
The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.
We have a problem with ITV 3 breaking up and ruining our watching the England rugby match this afternoon(!) It has happened before, although we do not watch ITV3 very often. The signal level was often less that 20%; the other channels are fine. I re-started our BT box and the problem was still there. I also retuned all the channels; it made no difference. I also ensured the ae connections were good; the ae on the chimney stack has not been turned by the very high winds.
Could it be a problem with the local transmitter?
|link to this|
We have lost over half our channels since Tuesday. All were ok then, now nothing. Same as neighbour & someone further in town that we know. Freebies said there is no problem but we have logged the problem but they do not want to help. Have tried to re tune several times. It says we are Hesthfield under the TN8 postcode.
|link to this|