What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fault'?

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or &

How to Reset a Sky Digibox when 'No Signal' appears.

Reset method 1 - Delete and Rescan

1. Turn the power off at the mains socket. Either do this by pulling the plug from the socket, or using a power switch if there is one.

2. Remove the viewing card from the machine. Using a dry cloth or kitchen roll, clean the gold connector on the reverse of the card. Do not use any cleaning products.

3. Check cables and connectors are in good order.
  4. Wait for at least 30 seconds.
  5. With the card still out of the machine, plug the Digibox back into the mains.
  6. Ignore all the messages, and wait for around a minute.
  7. Try 101 for BBC One, 102 for BBC Two and 103 for ITV-1.
  8. Insert viewing card, wait a few seconds.
  9. Check 104 for Channel 4 and 105 for five.

Reset Method 2 - Reset the LNB

If the above method does not work, the LNB may have a fault.
  1. Press the [SERVICES] button and then press [4] [0] [1] then [SELECT]

On Sky HD, press the [SERVICES] button and then press [0] [0] [1] then [SELECT]

Press the buttons in the sequence above exactly - do not atttempt to use [UP] or [DOWN]. Note that when you press the second 0 and 1 nothing happens on the screen until you press the final [SELECT]. This is a "hidden menu".

2. Then press [1] to go to the RF output menu.
  3. Press [DOWN] three times to highlight the line 22Khz Command and then press [RIGHT] to change the value to [OFF].
  4. Press [DOWN] and [SELECT] to select Save New Settings.
  5. Press [SKY].
  6. Again press [SERVICES], [4], [0], [1], [SELECT]; then [1] again for the LNB Menu. (SERVICES 0 0 1 SELECT for Sky HD).
  7. Now press the [RED] button (reset all settings), then [DOWN] until you can select Save New Settings again.
  8. Press [SKY].

Reset Method 3 - Upgrade the system software

If there are still problems:

1. Turn the Digibox off at the mains again and remove the viewing card.
  2. Whilst holding down the BACKUP key on the Digibox - NOT ON THE REMOTE - turn the mains power on.
  3. Keep hold of BACKUP until the screen displays a "UPGRADING SYSTEM SOFTWARE" message – this will be white text on a black screen. On some boxes this can appear as a half screen.

4. Wait 10 to 20 minutes for the software to download and install. The box will restart when the process is complete.
  5. Ignore all the messages, and wait for around a minute.
  6. Try 101 for BBC One, 102 for BBC Two and 103 for ITV-1.
  7. Insert viewing card, wait a few seconds.
  8. Check 104 for Channel 4 and 105 for five.

I have recently moved house and the previous owner has left the dish up with the1
if I ask to cancel my Sky subscription and just watch the free channels can i a2
I have TV, Sky+ box and DVD/VCR combo, how do I connect them up?3
I have Sky+, what happens when I cancel my contract?4
I would like if possible to receive Sky Ireland in Spain (Alicante area). Can I 5
Can I use my ex-contract sky digital satellite receiver to get Freeview channels1
Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?2
I have a Panasonic TV with integrated Freeview how can I record Freeview channel3
I have split the signal from my satellite dish and now nothing works.6

Comments
Tuesday, 2 January 2018

KingOffSpin:

As far as I can elicit, Sky policy has not changed, so you should be able to use your Sky box for the 'free to air' channels. There is no way they can turn off your LNB (the receiving part of your dish system). So either the LNB has failed (it happens), or the cables have become damaged or the 'F' connectors are not fitted correctly.

Start by checking that all the connectors are correctly fitted, making sure that the inner conductor is entirely separate from the outher copper braid/sleeve. Then check for water ingress into the cable as that would indicate damage external to the room.

MikeP's 2,188 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Tuesday, 13 March 2018
K
keith williamson

My sky card after working fine for months, now says its the wrong card for set top box, can you help please.

keith williamson's 1 post ES
Wednesday, 14 March 2018

Keith Williamson:

Ask Sky.

MikeP's 2,188 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Wednesday, 6 June 2018
Paul

Hi, I checked the signals strength at the dish, hotbird, it measures 79% at the end of the cable I get 51%, the length of the cable is about 18.m. Replaced the cable, it made just little difference 55%

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Paul's 1 post GB

Paul:

What is the problem you are trying to resolve?

With satellite systems, the size of the dish makes a significant difference. The correct aiming/alignment of the dish is also crucial. The type of cable used between LNB and receiver also makes a difference, some cables having greater losses than others.

MikeP's 2,188 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Saturday, 16 June 2018
David

I have Freesat running to 4 different rooms with an 8 way LNB. They all used to work fine but now 2 of the rooms show no signal but the others are OK. I have checked the cables and connectors but there is no obvious problem.
Any suggestions?

David's 1 post GB
StevensOnln1

David: What happens if you swap the cables to the 2 rooms that aren't working with rooms that are working? That should allow you to determine if there is a fault with some of the LNB ports.

StevensOnln1's 1,879 posts Gold Gold GB

David:

Please recheck all the cables and 'F' connectors at both ends on the TVs not getting signals. Remember to look for strands of the outer sheathing touching the inner core and ensure that the electrical connections of the inner and outer are complete and without any open or short circuits. If all is well, try swapping two of the connectors feeding a working TV with those feeding a non-working TV - I know that means accessing the LNB directly so do be very careful. If that swap results in a formerly non-working TV getting good results then that suggests the LNB has a fault. If it does not get results then the two TVs may have problems. so check they are set up correctly still.

MikeP's 2,188 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Saturday, 30 June 2018
John Leather

I have had no response from my last post. This is now becoming extremely frustrating. All Freeview channels have totally disappeared at times, then come on for a couple of minutes, and then go back to no signal. I have contacted a local aerial company, and they say that literally dozens of people have contacted him, and that it is a transmitter problem. Please help, regards John.

John Leather's 3 posts GB

John Leather:

Please provide a full post code so that we can see what the expected reception is like at your location.

Bear in mind, though, the current hot weather does cause problems with signal reception in some areas.

MikeP's 2,188 posts Platinum Platinum GB