What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fault'?

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or &

How to Reset a Sky Digibox when 'No Signal' appears.

Reset method 1 - Delete and Rescan

1. Turn the power off at the mains socket. Either do this by pulling the plug from the socket, or using a power switch if there is one.

2. Remove the viewing card from the machine. Using a dry cloth or kitchen roll, clean the gold connector on the reverse of the card. Do not use any cleaning products.

3. Check cables and connectors are in good order.
  4. Wait for at least 30 seconds.
  5. With the card still out of the machine, plug the Digibox back into the mains.
  6. Ignore all the messages, and wait for around a minute.
  7. Try 101 for BBC One, 102 for BBC Two and 103 for ITV-1.
  8. Insert viewing card, wait a few seconds.
  9. Check 104 for Channel 4 and 105 for five.

Reset Method 2 - Reset the LNB

If the above method does not work, the LNB may have a fault.
  1. Press the [SERVICES] button and then press [4] [0] [1] then [SELECT]

On Sky HD, press the [SERVICES] button and then press [0] [0] [1] then [SELECT]

Press the buttons in the sequence above exactly - do not atttempt to use [UP] or [DOWN]. Note that when you press the second 0 and 1 nothing happens on the screen until you press the final [SELECT]. This is a "hidden menu".

2. Then press [1] to go to the RF output menu.
  3. Press [DOWN] three times to highlight the line 22Khz Command and then press [RIGHT] to change the value to [OFF].
  4. Press [DOWN] and [SELECT] to select Save New Settings.
  5. Press [SKY].
  6. Again press [SERVICES], [4], [0], [1], [SELECT]; then [1] again for the LNB Menu. (SERVICES 0 0 1 SELECT for Sky HD).
  7. Now press the [RED] button (reset all settings), then [DOWN] until you can select Save New Settings again.
  8. Press [SKY].

Reset Method 3 - Upgrade the system software

If there are still problems:

1. Turn the Digibox off at the mains again and remove the viewing card.
  2. Whilst holding down the BACKUP key on the Digibox - NOT ON THE REMOTE - turn the mains power on.
  3. Keep hold of BACKUP until the screen displays a "UPGRADING SYSTEM SOFTWARE" message – this will be white text on a black screen. On some boxes this can appear as a half screen.

4. Wait 10 to 20 minutes for the software to download and install. The box will restart when the process is complete.
  5. Ignore all the messages, and wait for around a minute.
  6. Try 101 for BBC One, 102 for BBC Two and 103 for ITV-1.
  7. Insert viewing card, wait a few seconds.
  8. Check 104 for Channel 4 and 105 for five.

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o4
Can I use my ex-contract sky digital satellite receiver to get Freeview channels5
Can I use my ex-contract sky digital satellite receiver to get Freeview channels1
Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?2
I have a Panasonic TV with integrated Freeview how can I record Freeview channel3
I have split the signal from my satellite dish and now nothing works.6

Comments
Wednesday, 28 October 2015
js

Sparky: In addition to the advice offered by jb38, I would first tune to a channel with the lowest signal quality and adjust the dish so as to maximise hat quality.

Once the dish is optimally aligned, adjustment of LNB skew (rotation) and distance from the dish (focal point) may bring a further increase in quality.

In fact I would try adjustment of LNB skew first as that might be all that's needed.

js's 272 posts Silver Silver GB
Saturday, 31 October 2015
Joey Gushy

Please kindly advise. I recently moved to Africa with my Amstrad Sky Box DRX550. How can i make good use of my decoder. We are on Amos 5 at 17.0?E & Eutelsat 16A at 16.0?E.

Joey Gushy's 1 post ZW

Sparky: You should concentrate on the horizontal plane, as reception problems only experienced during windy weather are usually always related to horizontal (left / right) movement of the dish.

However, that said is based on the dish "not" being firmly mounted, i.e: screws holding same not tightened properly, if though they are? then unscrew the "F" connector from the LNB, further unscrewing said connector from the coax to enable it (plus coax) to be checked internally for any signs of water, as droplets of water can cause the problems referred to.

If all appears OK reassemble it, making sure that all individual strands of the braiding are pulled back over the outer cover of the coax, this being to avoid the possibility of them becoming wrapped around the inner core of the coax whilst screwing the "F" connector back on again.

By the way, these cheap satellite signal detectors can be obtained from numerous e-bay sources for around £5.00+ or so, the types with an analogue pointer meter and a dB adjuster being ideal for the purpose intended. But though as previously touched on, adjustments to the dish made in slow motion is the key to success.

jb38's 6,965 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Wednesday, 4 November 2015
mahboob yar khan

Subject: digital reciver model koan KSF-B660NS HD dish card
To: service@foxyform.com, <mahboobkhanpk@gmail.com>2000 digital reciver model koan KSF-B660NS HD dish card plz send as price for karachi pakistan

mahboob yar khan's 1 post PK
Friday, 4 December 2015
T
tony

jb38: tuner overload flashing lost itv bbc etc

tony's 2 posts IE
T
tony

tuner overload flashing lost free to air chanels

tony's 2 posts IE

tony: This in most cases, indicates a short circuit on the coax connected into the LNB output socket, if the message disappears on removing same?, the "F" connectors at both ends of the cable should be unscrewed from the coax and checked for any strands of the braiding touching the middle core, all strands having to be pulled well back over the outer covering prior to screwing the connector on.

That said, if this has happened a short time after a spell of rainy weather? the problem is most likely down to water having entered the LNB's (dish end) connector, particular attention being given to any signs of water contamination on the coax as well as the connector.

jb38's 6,965 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Sunday, 6 December 2015
A
Alan Speight

Assigning sky+ boxes to sky+ apps
We have 2 sky+ boxes and 2 ipads, with the sky+ apps installed, in our house.
We would like to assign each ipad to its own box but arn't finding it easy to do.
We have been in touch with Sky, trying to get advice, but that isn't proving to be very
helpfull. We would appreciate any advice that people can give, thanks.

Alan Speight's 1 post GB
Monday, 29 February 2016
Mary flynn

Thank you for advice. Sky box had displayed no signal despite aerial being fine. Used reset on third method and bingo ! All perfect. Will recommend you to friends. Why can't Sky itself be more helpful !

Mary flynn's 1 post GB
Tuesday, 12 April 2016
E
elisa grace

You must see what fault sceen is showing if it is showing error 25 or 29 and because of this unable to receive signal, it requires you to troubleshoot your Sky Box by following different methods:
1st Method
Resetting of Sky box: In this method you have to unplug it from 240 V main supply. After that wait for 30 minutes and then replug it to power supply. After that if you are getting the same message " No satellite signal is being received Error 25 or 29. Mostly this problem is solved by resetting the Sky Box.
2nd Method : During winds there is misalignment of dish and it must be sure that there is not any damage to dish reflector.
3 rd Method : Check that there should be no damage to LNB cable.
4th Method: The dish and the Sky box has screws associated with it. It should be ensured that that all the screws on F-connectors are tight on both the ends.
5th Method : Interchange LNB cableIn case you are not satisfied with the solution you can visit here No Satellite Signal is Being Received - Error 25/29

elisa grace's 1 post IN