The Consumer Panel was established under the Communications Act 2003 by Ofcom, the regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries. Ofcom is now looking to appoint up to ten members from August 2008.
The Consumer Panel provides independent advice to Ofcom, and other bodies, on consumer issues relating to the communications sector. Operating in a dynamic, fast-moving and challenging environment, members will join the Panel as it actively seeks to influence decision-makers in the sector.
To join the Consumer Panel you will need:
- A keen interest in consumers experiences
- Good understanding of issues affecting communications industries or an ability to acquire it rapidly
- Ability to understand complex consumer, regulatory, economic and business issues
- Strong communication skills to make an effective contribution to the discussions of a high level public body
- Time to commit two days a month (remunerated at 6,333 per annum).
Four members will be appointed to represent consumers living in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Some members may be required to commit more time remunerated pro-rata up to 12,666 per annum.
For further information please visit Apply to join Ofcom or contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone to Nicola Fagg on 020 3178 2518 quoting reference: ofcom40822 before Friday 16 May 2008.