Digital Britain Interim Report is published
Brian Butterworth published on UK Free TV
Download from Digital Britain: The Interim Report - Full Report PDF (1.5mb).
The interim report contains more than 20 recommendations, including specific proposals on:
- next generation networks
- universal access to broadband
- the creation of a second public service provider of scale
- the modernisation of wireless radio spectrum holdings
- a digital future for radio
- a new deal for digital content rights
- enhancing the digital delivery of public services
The 22 recommendations in the report fall into four categories:
- Decisions: where we have outlined specific recommendations and invite discussion as to how to implement them.
- Legislative/Regulatory Reform: some of which will be the product of formal Government consultation on a separate timescale. Others where we will invite responses on how either new legislation or amended regulation should be constructed, and ideas for viable alternatives to regulation or legislation.
- Detailed Analysis: where we have identified the need for specific and detailed analysis to establish working methods and firmer conclusions.
- Initial Assessment: where we have set out initial assessments and invite further discussion.
Help with Which system?
In this section
CommentsYour comment please