Menu buttonMENU    UK Free TV logo Freeview

Wenvoe commercial multiplexes at full power from 27th April 2011

In the fifth switchover week for 2011, the final two commercial multiplexes will be powered up to full output.

In the fifth switchover week for 2011, the final two commercial

Welsh viewers in the areas around Cardiff, Bridgeend, Merthyr Rydil and Newport as some viewers in Bristol, Weston-Super-Mare, the Minehead will have improved reception from Wednesday.

The SDN (formally multiplex A) and Arqiva-A (former multiplex C) were held at low power and temporary frequencies, to prevent interference to existing analogue transmitters in the west of central England.

Now that this neighbouring region has switched over, SDN will move to 50kW output on C42+ (from 10kW on C51) and ArqA will move to 50kW output on C45 (from 10kW on C30).

This means if you have been unable to receive these services from Wenvoe, you will now be able to do so, if you can already receive the ArqB multiplex.

However, because of the frequency change, if you use Wenvoe for your digital reception, you will need to do a "first time installation" retune on Wednesday 27th April 2011.

Help with Freeview, aerials?
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca2
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?3
Is it possible to receive freeview cahnnels via a broadband internet connectio4
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected5
Should the UK close down the TV networks to allow for more mobile broadband? 1
UK Digital switchover ends - Northern Ireland completes on 24th October 20122
The last day of analogue television in the UK - goodbye PAL3
2 days left of analogue television - goodbye teletext4
3 days of analogue to go - goodbye to NICAM 7285
Changes to Saorview frequencies and power levels, 24th October 20126

Comments
Wednesday, 4 May 2011
Simon Jones
11:51 AM Cardiff

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing a loss in channels since the upgrade in power. New aerial and TV three years ago, perfect reception on all available freeview channels. Since the 27th, I've lost all channels on the COM4/SDN and COM5/ArqA multiplexes.

Have followed the first time installation guide and single frequency interference guides to the letter, but to no avail.

Simon Jones's 4 posts GB
Simon's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
Briantist

Simon Jones: If you have any boosters or amplifiers, remove them from your system. It is quite possible you have too strong a signal.

Briantist's 38,745 posts Owner Owner GB
Saturday, 7 May 2011
N
nick

I had perfect signal and all channels on the 26th of April just before the switch. I live in the cwmbran area and have never had a problem.

I now have no channels what so ever, moved the aerial, moved my power amplifier and done all the above. So i think its a problem at Wenvoe!!

Sort this out!!!!

nick's 1 post GB
Briantist

nick: Please remove the amplifier from your system. There is no fault with the transmitter - I'm sure the other 360,000 homes using it would have noticed.

Briantist's 38,745 posts Owner Owner GB
Monday, 9 May 2011
james

hi wot date Movies4Men be on freeview soon

james's 7 posts GB
Mike

I posted last week and follwing the post from Briantist I followed the link to 'single frequency inteference' page. The only thing I could do was remove my games console. This hasn't worked. I can't do anything about the aerial as I live in a apartment building. I checked the postcode for reception in my area but as the building's brand new the postcode isn't recognised (although it is on Royal Mail website). What else can I do?

Mike's 2 posts GB
Mike Dimmick

Mike: Talk to your building manager or agent. It's possible that your building has a channelised system, where each desired frequency is separately filtered out and amplified to bring everything up to the same level. These systems need to be retuned whenever there is a change in the frequency or power level of the transmissions.

I would have expected you to also have trouble with SDN, which also moved.

Mike Dimmick's 2,486 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Tuesday, 10 May 2011
Briantist

james: It is already broadcasting, but on the MEN multiplex in Manchester only.

Briantist's 38,745 posts Owner Owner GB