Can I use my digital freeview box abroad and receive English channals?

Can I use my digital freeview box abroad and receive English channals?

Can I use my digital freeview box abroad and receive English ch

No. You cannot receive signals from UK Freeview transmitters abroad. You box will be able to receive local "DVB-T" transmittions, if there are any.

You can use satellite equipment pointing at the Astra 2D satellite from some European countries however to get around 100 UK free-to-air channels.

Can I attach a Freeview digibox to a Combi TV/Video unit?1
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected2
I can't get Freeview yet, when will it start in my area?3
Are there plans to extend the range of regional variations on Freeview?4
How can I Receive Freeview on two TVs using one box?5
How can I get Channel 5 on Sky in Ireland?1
Can I receive UK free-to-view TV in Southern Spain?2
Can I pick up Freeview from Germany?3
What do i need to get freeview in spain and how much will it cost?4
I live in Portugal Barcelos. I have a satellite dish (84cm) and would like to b5
Can I take my TV to Australia?6

Comments
Monday, 21 November 2016
A
Andy

Hican I use the catch-up TV part (over the internet) of a Freeview Play box to see BBC iPalyer, 4OD etc. from Italy or will the it still be blocked as iPlayer etc. is on a laptop over the internetI could use satellite TV decoder but we're to far south (ironic) and the dish would need to be massive (3m ish I'm told) to workthanks Andy

Andy's 1 post IT
StevensOnln1

Andy: iPlayer will be blocked from outside the UK regardless of the device you are using to access it. The other catchup players almost certainly will too as the UK broadcasters don't hold the rights to show most programs in other countries.

StevensOnln1's 1,529 posts Gold Gold GB
Sunday, 15 January 2017
O
orhan

i am going to turkey for 18 months.
can i watch freeview there.
i was going to take my humax freeview hd pvr.

what is the best way to watch freeview

i look forward to any advice

orhan

orhan's 1 post GB
StevensOnln1

orhan: Freeview is broadcast from ground based transmitters in the UK and is certainly not receivable in Turkey. Your Freeview HD PVR might be able to receive Turkish channels but I have no idea what broadcast standards are used in Turkey and whether they are compatible with UK equipment.

StevensOnln1's 1,529 posts Gold Gold GB
Tuesday, 9 January 2018
G
Graham

If I take my Humax Freesat box to USA can I play what I have already recorded here in the UK on an American TV. Voltage will not be a problem.

Graham's 1 post GB
StevensOnln1

Graham : Try powering the box off then disconnect the satellite connections on the back and power the box back on. If it allows you to play recordings with the satellite inputs disconnected then you will be fine to connect it to a TV with a HDMI input anywhere in the world.

StevensOnln1's 1,529 posts Gold Gold GB