Menu buttonMENU    UK Free TV logo TV

Freeview gets Argos, and 24-hour Al Jazeera this week, Fashion One on Freesat

There is more to watch this week on the UK free television systems

There is more to watch this week on the UK free television syst

If you use Freesat, you can now watch Fashion One, "the latest in fashion, entertainment and lifestyle news", on channel 407 - (more details).

Freeview users will see Argos TV on channel 55 from Wednesday.

And award-winning news channel Al Jazeera English will broadcast 24 hours a day on Freeview channel 83 from Wednesday too.

Help with TV/radio stations?
Can I receive British Eurosport for free?1
What has happened to TCM?2
How do I receive all of uktv+ channels (gold, style, food etc) using my Freeview3
Can I watch for free Financial channels such as CNBC or Bloomberg?4
Is sky|one going on Freeview?5
The lower the channel number in the guide, the more viewers it gets ... Right?1
New Freeview and Freesat channel TruTV to start soon2
Why does BBC Worldwide not make more profit for the Licence Fee payer?3
How do the new ITV local news regions compare with the BBC?4
A short history of Border TV5
Want more local news? ITV is going to provide it6

Comments
Monday, 17 September 2012
Ian

woopty doo !

Ian's 500 posts Gold Gold GB
SATDAVE

Just what we don't need,yet more trash on freeview.

SATDAVE's 6 posts GB
Wednesday, 19 September 2012
C
Charles Stuart

It seems that only Al Jazeera has been updated. Other channel changes do not seem to have occurred yet. When will they come into effect? I don't wish to keep retuning my STBs etc., not least because I have quite a number to do.

Charles Stuart's 153 posts Silver Silver GB
Saturday, 6 October 2012
K
Kentman

You get better coverage of the Middle east
situation from RT Ch 85 Al Jazeera is run by a "Royal family" and many journalists have resigned because of biased coverage

Kentman's 11 posts GB
Sunday, 28 October 2012
Jim McLachlan

Can't get Argos tv on my freeview. There is no channel 55. When I select 55 it just junps to channel 50

Jim McLachlan's 1 post GB

Jim McLachlan: If you can receive Film 4 (15) and ITV4 (24) then Argos TV is on the same mux transmitter (COM6 / ArqB) and so you should try carrying out a retune on your TV/box and that might correct your EPG list, but remember Argos TV only operates between 6PM and 11PM.

jb38's 7,172 posts Platinum Platinum GB