Are there plans to extend the range of regional variations on Freeview?

Are there plans to extend the range of regional variations on Freeview?

Are there plans to extend the range of regional variations on F

No. Because all the satellite channels can be received within the UK, it is possible for the BBC (and ITV too) to make all these available to everyone.

However, on Freeview there is only a limited capacity from each earth-based transmitter. Therefore this limited capacity is used to provide additional channels, including the "correct" ITV and BBC region.

Therefore it will not be feasible for this limited capacity to broadcast other regions.

Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?2
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?2
I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!3
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 4
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca5
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected6

Comments
Sunday, 17 July 2011
R
Robert Harriman

...the "correct" ITV and BBC region.

We live in Hunstanton (North West Norfolk) the digital signal is proposed to come from Belmont (Yorkshire). Our "correct" BBC region would be Angllia not Yorkshire. Can we do anything? Its so frustrating we NEVER venture into Lincolnshire or Yorkshire its too far and Yorkshire's regional coverage has little interest here. Is this a human rights issue?

Robert Harriman's 10 posts GB
Briantist

Robert Harriman: Can you please provide a full postcode as it is impossible to say without it.

Briantist's 38,757 posts Owner Owner GB
R
Robert Harriman

PS what is the BBC Trial please

Robert Harriman's 10 posts GB
Briantist

Robert Harriman: You will need to have your aerial pointing at the Waltham transmitter if you wish to have the "Anglia" local news, your aerial currently points to the Belmont transmitter. You may find reception of the SDN multiplex less than perfect until September 2011, from Waltham.

The BBC Trust has forbidden the BBC from provide a local TV service, following the trial service back in 2009.

Briantist's 38,757 posts Owner Owner GB
Sunday, 6 November 2011
N
Nigel Yates
4:42 PM Hengoed

From my postcode CF82 8HJ I can use the transmitter at Bargoed or Mynydd Machen but both have a channel sellection which is more than 50% of that being transmitted from Wenvoe. Is this going to be normalised across the region or are we penolised for living in the valleys as apposed to the city in Wales

Nigel Yates's 1 post GB
Nigel's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage

Nigel Yates: These are Freeview light (3 Mux PSB only) stations simply because the other 3 multiplexes would be commercial only enterprises, and with the commercial interests not being willing to pay the running costs of the extra multiplexes, basically because when they take into account the coverage area / households covered the level of return they would be liable to make would not justify the cost.

This situation applies in lots of smaller areas.

jb38's 7,174 posts Platinum Platinum GB