Comments
Sunday, 11 December 2011
jude
7:18 AM Burnley

hi my aerial is on the roof, there is an info box on the television and is says 'service not available' can u tell me why or what to do please

jude's 1 post GB
jude's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage

jude: It appears as though your are limited to only being able to receive a signal from the Pendle Forrest Freeview "light" (PSB only) transmitter located at 4 miles away / 336 degrees, your aerial being vertically polarised, meaning that the elements should be seen mounted up and downwards.

Also, its assumed that you have tried auto-tuning the TV, and that its a digital set and not an older analogue one? which will not work as analogue transmissions are turned off in your area.

jb38's 7,137 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Dave Lindsay

jb38, jude: Pendle Forest is not a "Light" transmitter as it broadcasts all the multiplexes.

Dave Lindsay's 5,724 posts Platinum Platinum GB

Dave Lindsay: Yes!! you are indeed quite correct insomuch that it is a full service station, cant quite think what I must have been looking at to have said that, although I strongly suspect its from notes I had scribbled down concerning another persons query.

Also, I dont know whether or not you can get it to work, but jude,s post code isnt accepted by DTG,s predictor and so I was using an alternative in the main Burnley area.

jb38's 7,137 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Sunday, 3 June 2012
P. Kelleher

I have a no signal notice and I don't know where the sky card is situated?.

P. Kelleher's 1 post GB

P. Kelleher: The Sky card is not required to receive the majority of programmes with the exception of those dedicated to a Sky package, and so if you get a "no signal" warning then press "Services - 4 - 6" and check if anything is indicated on the signal strength / quality bar, if not, then it could be that your dish has moved slightly out of alignment or that there is a problem with the coax lead from it.

Of course it could even be the box at fault, so disconnect it from the mains for a minute or two before reconnecting it again and letting it go through its usual "searching for listings" procedure.

jb38's 7,137 posts Platinum Platinum GB