Comments
Wednesday, 26 October 2016
B
ben
7:54 PM Barry

hi

i have lost all signal with my built in digital tv. tried re tuning, still no luck, checked cable its fine. can you see if wenvoe mast is having any work done which may affect this?

cf62 8jg is the postcode

ben's 1 post GB
ben's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
K
Kelly
9:22 PM Lancaster

Kelly: I have just been through all my channels the following ones are pixelating it hasn't com up lost signal tonight. ITV, CH4, CH5, ITV2, CH4+1, Film4, 20 Drama, ITV4, E4, 30 5Star, ITV+1. I have no channel 7 or 8 I must have lost them when I retuned. ITV and ITV+1 are by far the worst. I had ITV on at 16.30 it seems to get much worse at night.

Kelly's 6 posts GB
Kelly's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage

ben: No work of an engineering nature is presently taking place at the Wenvoe transmitter site, however the tropospheric ducting maps indicate that high pressure zones are presently sweeping across many areas in the Western side of the UK and this might well be the cause of your problem, as the posting following your own from Kelly - Lancaster reports problems of a similar nature.

Nothing can really be done to help alleviate that type of problem except to wait until the situation improves, although in your particular case retuning at frequent intervals will be required to know if it has, as your action of retuning will have deleted everything stored in the tuner.

jb38's 7,174 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Thursday, 27 October 2016

Kelly: Please refer to my reply to ben in the posting following your own, as problems you are also experiencing is most likely to be atmospheric pressure related.

jb38's 7,174 posts Platinum Platinum GB
K
Kelly
10:22 AM Lancaster

Hi Ben,
Kelly Lancaster is me. So this is something I just have to wait out?

Kelly's 6 posts GB

Kelly and Ben:

Yes, patience is a virtue with these natural phenomenon. They occur every year and depend entirely on the atmospheric conditions and have been known about for more than fifty years. But, as they are natural events there is nothing anyone can do about it, so we have to be patient until the weather patterns change.

MikeP's 1,148 posts Gold Gold GB
K
Kelly
2:59 PM Lancaster

jb38: Hi Ben
Thank you for you for the information.

Kelly's 6 posts GB