menuMENU    UK Free TV logo Help!

Comments
Thursday, 6 December 2018
StevensOnln1

michael connor: Have you checked the connections behind your TV and at your satellite dish? Do you share the dish with your neighbour?

StevensOnln1's 2,271 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Friday, 7 December 2018

michael connor:

Then you have a problem with your systems. If the signals from the satellite for those channels were to fail then everyone in the country using Freesat would also loose them, but there are no such reports. So please check all the coaxial connections from your dish to the TV. You may find that the LNB is failing, hence the loss last week. If tht is the case you need it to be professionally replaced. The other possibility is that both dishes have an obstruction in front of them periodically block its view of the satellites. So check for trees growning in front of the dish or possibly new buildings or scaffolding.

MikeP's 2,616 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Friday, 4 January 2019
B
Brian

Hi

My problem is I do not receive all Freeview channels. After much searching I was able to match the channels I get with a MUX list. This confirmed that I am getting PSB1 PSB2 PSB3 and Com5 (also known as BBCA, D3&4, BBCB and ARQA. but none of the others.

I had an aerial fitter come and check and he says that my existing ariel is fine and its interference from trees causing a loss of signal on the missing MUX channels. He deduced this by using a separate hand held aerial at height with his partner checking measurements on a sophisticated meter.

Whilst I am sure he is right is there any way that I can boost the signal to get the missing channels.

I am on the Sandy Transmitter and live in Northampton NN15BJ postcode.

Any help gratefully received Thanks Brian

Brian's 2 posts GB
StevensOnln1

Brian: Are these trees close to your property? You're predicted to have good reception of the main PSB1-3 and COM4-6 multiplexes. Was the aerial installer not able to suggest another location they could relocate the aerial to where the trees would not obstruct the signal? Alternatively, have you looked at Freesat?

StevensOnln1's 2,271 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Sunday, 6 January 2019
B
Brian

Brian: Hi Steve and thanks for your response. The trees are a few hundred yards away in the grounds of the local hospital and very tall and mature. The aerial is on a tall pole which must be 10 feet tall mounted on the back of the house with the aerial at least apex height on the roof. It has clear line of sight to the trees which are on rising ground and therefore higher than my Aerial. It is a new property so no Chimney and no way of going higher. No further solution was offered. Do you know of anything else that could havew been suggested.

Thanks

Brian

Brian's 2 posts GB
Wednesday, 16 January 2019
G
Geoff

All my signals just suddenly disappeared, I have tried refining, it states there is digital signal, I have also tried rescaning for Analogue but it states there are none....

Is there are problem as of 00.54 that none of us are aware of.

I am in Wellington, Somerset

Geoff's 1 post GB
StevensOnln1

Geoff: Retuning was the worst thing to do as you have now deleted all of your channels which were correctly tuned to begin with (TVs don't just suddenly loose their tuning data). The last analogue TV services closed in 2012 so you won't find any analogue channels. Over on the Mendip transmitter page an engineering notice has appeared showing that the transmitter was off air for a period of time overnight (this would have also affected relays that take their signal from Mendip). You will therefore need to retune again now that the transmitter is back on air in order to restore your channels.

StevensOnln1's 2,271 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Sunday, 20 January 2019
C
Colin Cardno

My wife and I went out for a couple of hours and when we came back and switched on the tv and freeview the tv had a signal but our freeview box said it had no signal everything was ok before we went out what could be the problem.

Colin Cardno's 1 post GB
Thursday, 31 January 2019
P. Snow

StevensOnln1: My Freeview TV reception is excellent for 99%of the time at but every so often I lose the signal for a while. It can be months between each episode of this happening and the period of time that the signal is lost can be anything from a few minutes to a couple of hours. I'm convinced that it's caused by something someone switches on then off again. I've no signal at this moment - lost it 10 minutes ago yet reception had been perfect up until then. How can I get the find out what is causing my problem and how can I get rid of the problem?

P. Snow's 1 post GB
StevensOnln1

P. Snow : If it's being caused by interference then you need to look for electrical devices (probably something with an electric motor) being switched on at the same time that you loose signal. It could be something in your own home or a near neighbor.

StevensOnln1's 2,271 posts Platinum Platinum GB