Menu buttonMENU    UK Free TV logo Freesat

Fixing the Freesat Freetime internet connection problem

If you have a problem with your Freesat box not allowing you to get to the large selection of online TV shows, here is how to fix the problem. If you see "no internet connection" or no services listed under "On Demand", do this.

Freetime Logo  Photograph: Freesat
Freetime Logo Photograph: Freesat

If the online services have worked in the past, but not today, here's how to fix the problem.   Once done the box will continue to work until the Freesat box is powered off.

Step 1. Press the "Settings" button on the remote control.

Freesat settings

Use the right arrow to select "Network connection" and press "OK".

Step 2 On the "Broadband connection screen"

Press OK to select "Connect automatically".

Step 3 See the "Great You're connected" screen.

This means everything is OK.

Step 4 Press the "freesat button" and scroll to "On Demand" and press OK

Everything will be fine until the box is powered off.

Help with Free satellite?
What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau2
Can I use my ex-contract sky digital satellite receiver to get Freeview channels5
Yesterday, Drama and Really joining Freesat this month1
PBS America joins Freesat for Halloween2
Satellite TV operators FRANSAT, TIVUSAT and our Freesat launch FreeTV Alliance 3
An Independent Scot would still be able to watch the BBC on satellite, surely? 4
Were ... you watching UK Free TV from the Astra satellites until last week?5
Freetime supports Freesat 2013 growth6

Comments
Saturday, 26 September 2015
Jennie Harrod

Sadly your article about regaining online content on Freesat doesn't work for a Humax RM-F01 as the Menu and settings are different. I have wifi extenders which used to work and the green lights are on but I just keep getting the message to say my box is not connected when I go to BBC Or ITV player. Any ideas? I have tried entering the settings manually but that hasn't worked either.

Jennie Harrod's 1 post GB

Jennie Harrod: Briantist was requesting the actual model number of the Freesat box in question, the number you have supplied is that of the remote control.

The model number of the box is printed on a small plate attached to either the rear or underside of the box.

jb38's 7,179 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Sunday, 27 September 2015
Pat Cotton

Why have I lost all my TV logos when I go to my on demand service on my Panasonic smart tv

Pat Cotton's 3 posts GB
Tuesday, 29 September 2015
Dave Hagen

Well that's a great piece of advice except there is no settings button on the remote, you have to press the home button first to get into the menu.

Dave Hagen's 5 posts GB
Saturday, 30 July 2016
I
ian mugglestone

I have no on demand services, the strength is good and it says I am connected but still no service !!!

ian mugglestone's 1 post US

ian mugglestone:

To offer any meaningful advice/assistance we need to know what your location is. That is best done by entering your full post code, or that of a very nearby shop or public building. That will enable viewing of transmission and reception information relevanmt to you.

MikeP's 1,339 posts Gold Gold GB
Monday, 13 February 2017
C
clive john valentine

Hi
I am receiving all the freesat channels on the menu guide. The problem is Channel 4 on demand . I cant want watch it continually. The picture goes into coloured squares after the adverts are finished. The internet connection in settings on tv states BBC iplayer and ITV on demand. We have WiFi and have backed it up with a DEVOLO dlan 1200 + wifi ac powerline to boost the internet to no avail.
Contacted Freesat who said i should contact Channel 4. But to say what !

GOOD ADVICE WOULD BE SO VERY WELCOME

clive john valentine's 1 post GB
MikeB

clive john valentine: If the on demand service isn't working properly, start with your system and your download speed - if its too slow it just wont work. And do you have a capped download limit?

MikeB's 2,083 posts Platinum Platinum GB