The new Freeview prediction system - includes Freeview HD
Brian Butterworth published on UK Free TV
The new Freeview prediction system - beta - is here. Finally!
If you visit Freeview reception - UK Free prediction you now get a much more detailed page to help you with any reception issues.
As before you can see this page with a postcode, the system will shortly also allow the input of national grid references, or latitude/longitude references.
Firstly, you can get a prediction for any number of dates by selecting the appropriate tab at the top.
Five different views
There are five different views
- By direction: this will show the various directions your aerial might point and the services you can receive from the transmitters in that direction.
- Received signal strength: this shows the information ordered by signal strength, to help you find the strongest signals.
- By frequency: this lists broadcast frequencies from C21 to C68, showing the services on each. This view can be used to find potential interference or to help with digital region overlap areas.
- Service names: this lists the services that you can receive, each ordered by the strongest signal.
- Transmitter names: and finally an alphabetical list of the transmitters with the services listed by broadcast frequency.
Aerial group choice
When you first visit the page you will see the services received by a "wideband
" aerial, now you can also select the other aerial groups to see how that will effect reception.
For the moment it is not possible to resolve postcodes in Northern Ireland (BT) or the Isle of Man. Apologies
Try it now
Try the new UK Free TV Freeview reception - prediction system now