To join, leave or change ukfree.tv updates by email, enter your email address here:
Sandy Heath, Sudbury, Heathfield, 9 relays have extra retunes on 27th June 2012
Brian Butterworth published on UK Free TV
The following changes, in addition to those in the North and East Kent switchover completes on Wednesday 27th June event:
- Sandy Heath: D3&4, BBCB, ArqB using transitional S1 antenna until 27th June 2012.
- Tunbridge Wells - SDN from 13 to 27 June 2012, services will be restricted to 100W
- Wivenhoe Park: From 20 July 2011 to 27 June 2012, Wivenhoe Park will broadcast D3+4 on C64, C54afterwards; BBCB on C57 before, C49 afterwards.
- Woodbridge: From 20 July 2011 to 27 June 2012, Woodbridge will broadcast D3+4 on C64 before, C52 afterwards; BBCB on C57, C54 after that.
- Sudbury: SDN will temporarily operate on C49 (at 14kW ERP) from the first stage of Sudbury's switchover until 27th June 12. Arqiva A Until 27 June 2012, services will be provided on C54 at 3,000W. Arqiva B from 16 November 2011 until 27 June 2012, services will be provided on C63 at 2,200W.
- Burnham On Crouch - BBCA from 6 July 2011 until 27 June 2012, Burnham on Crouch will broadcast onC48 at 100W. D3+4 From 20 July 2011 to 27 June 2012, Burnham on Crouch will broadcast at 100W. BBCB from 20 July 2011 to 27 June 2012, Burnham on Crouch will broadcast on C51
- Clacton - BBCA from 6 July 2011 until 27 June 2012, Clacton will broadcast on C48
- Felixstowe - BBCA from 6 July 2011 until 27 June 2012, Felixstowe will broadcast on C52
- Heathfield - SDN until 27 June 2012, services will be provided on C48 at 2,000 Watt
Help with Freeview, aerials?
In this section
Tuesday, 3 July 2012
4:01 PM Colchester
Having been out of the country on 27th June, I returned home to find many of the previous digital channels missing, i.e. ITV3 5* and 5USA amongst others. Today I attempted to retune, using information found on this site. First I defaulted to the factory settings on my Freeview TV, then I removed the aerial and wiped out all the settings. I then did another auto scan which picked up 63 services (as opposed to the earlier 32 services). These included channels such as Sky Sports and Film 4, but still no sign of ITV3, 5* and 5USA. So I went through the whole procedure again to see if I could pick up the missing channels, but now I can only get the 32 services that were available earlier today.
Any explanation or advice would be appreciated. I live in Colchester and the Digital TV website tells me that I receive service from the Sudbury transmitter.
|link to this|
Susan's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
Susan: The Commercial (COM) services changed channels from Sudbury last Wednesday.
See this page for a full list of services by multiplex (those that have a bullet in the "E"/England column apply):
DMOL Post-DSO Multiplex Channel Allocations
A multiplex is a single signal.
Try attempting manual tuning for missing multiplexes, if your receiver allows:
COM4 | ITV3 | C58
COM5 | Pick TV | C60
COM6 | Yesterday | C56
Failing that, perhaps your aerial needs replacing. See the posting I to Katharine immediately above yours in which I linked to another posting of mine which explains.
|link to this|
Sunday, 8 July 2012
8:03 PM Halifax
Susan.If you decide to replace the aerial then you need a group E brown tipped semi-wideband aerial preferably a Yagi 18E,as well as new copper-copper black coloured co-ax cable and new brass co-ax aerial plug.
|link to this|
Mark's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
Monday, 16 July 2012
Has anyone else, owning a Panasonic TV, had a problems with tuning in to the Red Button service?
Both my neighbour and I own Panasonic Viera models but neither of us can get this service on any of the normal BBC channels.
I have been chasing Panasonic since March (when our digital change over took place), before that it was OK.
Panasonic admit to the problem on our sets and have a gizmo to correct it. Trouble is, they say, there is only a few of these available and they are relying on customers to return them once they have activated the necessary changes, before they can send them out to someone else! We would like to correct this problem before the Olympics start but!!!!
|link to this|
Select more commentsYour comment please