To join, leave or change ukfree.tv updates by email, enter your email address here:
What is happening to Freeview?
Brian Butterworth published on UK Free TV
There have been quite a few changes on Freeview in the last few weeks and there are several more about to happen.
Many of these changes have required a delete-and-rescan for channels for many Freeviewers.
The changes are:
- Channel 4+1 (21 August);
- Closure of ABC-1 on multiplex A (28 September);
- FTN to close on multiplex D (30 September);
- Virgin 1 to start on multiplex D (1 October);
- BBC Radios 1, 2, 3 and 4 move from multiplex A to multiplex B (3 October)
- UKTV History to become a daytime only (7am-6pm) channel and move from multiplex C to multiplex D (15th October);
- UKTV Bright Ideas to close (15th October);
- Channel Dave to start on multiplex C (15th October);
- Whitehaven and relays switchover (14th November 2007)
- BBC FOUR/CBeebies/301/302 and News Interactive to close from 2am-6pm on multiplex B, replaced with a BBC HD preview channel (early 2008)
- Possible replacement of Sky News, Sky Sports News and Sky Three with a Picnic.
- Migration of multiplexes 1, B, C and D to 64QAM mode for switchover areas (30th November 2008) providing 24Mb/s space for new channels in switched-over areas; or
- Ofcom reduce, reorganize and DVB-T2 plan to provide 98.5% coverage for HDTV.
Switchover complete by 30th March 2013.
Help with Television sets?
In this section
Thursday, 7 March 2013
5:59 PM Wembley
Will I be able to get a refund from my tv licance for the time with out tv free chanel, why is vergin media not providing these channels when there cables were only alawed to be fixed to lease holders propertys to provide free chanels to all elderly and non subscribers? Can we ask them to remove these ugly bunch of cables from ower propertys??
|link to this|
Angelo's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
Friday, 4 September 2015
Pam Lamb: Re: ITV3+1. Although the programme guide number remains the same, the multiplex that the programme is transmitted on has changed from COM4 to COM6. The situation can easily be rectified by carrying out a retune in order to update the programme guide.
|link to this|
Sunday, 8 October 2017
Your comment please