My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound or the channel line up is wrong

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+

To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:

Try this:

1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;

2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;

3) wait 30 seconds;

4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;

5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;

6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;

7) do a complete scan for channels again.

The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.

Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?2
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?1
I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!2
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 3
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca4
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected5
What are the aerial types about? Are they high-gain?6

Comments
Saturday, 24 September 2016

Simon:

Please provide a full post code so that we can see the reception conditions for your exact area.

Room/Set-top aerials rarely work if you are more than a couple of miles from a large main transmitter, despite what reviews on eBay or any other sales website might say.

MikeP's 1,030 posts Gold Gold GB
Sunday, 25 September 2016
james ramage

I I am getting no sound today 25 Sept on all Freeview HD channels from Bilsdale transmitter. HD picture is fine as are all SD channels (picture and sound). Is there a fault on the transmitter please?

james ramage's 1 post GB
Mark

I live in PR69PU which is 10 miles from Preston and 15 miles from Manchester, yet all my Freeview and digital radio tuning from the Winter Hill transmitter ( I'm less than 2 miles away ) defaults to Liverpool, meaning on Freeview 8 I get the Liverpool TV station and not Manchester or Lancashire, and the local radio stations are Merseyside based. How can I force a Manchester retune.

Mark's 1 post GB
R
Richard Cooper

Mark: Hi, Mark. Since the Manchester and Liverpool groups of channels are both transmitted on the same UHF TV channel, which is UHF channel 56, I don't really know what to advise, because as they're both using the same frequency the only thing to differentiate between them is radiation pattern direction, meaning that the Liverpool-biased local TV & radio stations are 'beamed from Winter Hill South West towards Liverpool, whereas the Manchester ones are beamed South East towards Manchester, so looking at your postcode, it would appear that just North East of Adlington railway station your house is in the 'line of fire' from Winter Hill towards Liverpool and so, because of this, I can't work out how it would be possible, at your location, to pick up the Manchester local services, for which you'd need to be located in-between Winter Hill and Manchester City itself. United doesn't feature in this response!!! I suppose you could contact the transmission company, Arqiva, to see if they can come up with any suggestions, but apart from moving, I don't see any answers!. So sorry I couldn't help, but re-tunes won't achieve anything due to L'pool & Manc'r using the same frequency for both these local services. Richard, Norwich.

Richard Cooper's 424 posts Gold Gold GB
Thursday, 29 September 2016
G
Graham

I live in Canterbury and we use the Chartham transmitter for BBC programmes but since yesterday I can't get any signal for these programmes, is the transmitter down?

Graham's 1 post GB
StevensOnln1

Graham: There is currently a transmitter engineering notice on the Chartham transmitter page that it is currently off air. Do not attempt to retune your TV or box as this will delete the channels which are already tuned. Once that transmitter is back on air your channels will return on their own.

StevensOnln1's 139 posts Silver Silver GB