My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound or the channel line up is wrong

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+

To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:

Try this:

1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;

2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;

3) wait 30 seconds;

4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;

5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;

6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;

7) do a complete scan for channels again.

The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.

Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?2
What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau4
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?1
I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!2
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 3
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca4
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected5
What are the aerial types about? Are they high-gain?6

Comments
Saturday, 18 February 2017
Peter Quigley

How can a new Bush set top box trap ITV channels for my TV when tuning and retuning gets no result other than 10 BBC channels? Using Scart to connect Set top box to TV I get 10 BBC channels but if I use HTMI to connect them I get nothing (TV is HD ready). Can you help resolve this problem also?

Peter Quigley's 1 post GB
Sunday, 19 February 2017
C
Campbell Cowan
7:14 PM Bridge Of Weir

StevensOnln1: I,m at Pa11 3hg, I have solved this by removing stored channels and retuning with aerial out, then auto tuning again with aerial in. This restored the missing group ch40 after two attempts, and a reboot of the tv. This was the only channel out of 9 that was not available, so my thinking is that this is not an aerial issue but down to the tv tuner or a break in transmission of ch40 causing the tv tuner to unlock. I note that ch40 is on 626mhz the range of the 9 channels from the Black hill transmitter is 562-714mhz, I think it unlikely that 626mhz on its own disappears when all others are received is the fault of tv tuner or the aerial, surely more a short failure of the transmitter on ch40 not admitted to.

Campbell Cowan's 2 posts GB
Campbell's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage

Campbell Cowan:

It is possible that you have an intermittent fault in your aerial cable somewhere. Such a problem often causes lost of just one channel, but sometimes other are affected to some degree. It is worth carefull checking the whole cable fro aerial to TV and making sure it is in perfect condition and that all connections are good and sound.

MikeP's 1,311 posts Gold Gold GB
Monday, 20 February 2017
Mr C. Holding

My location is Brockham and I believe my building aerial is directed to the Reigate transmitter. My Samsung smart TV has Freeview which received BBC and ITV channels perfectly until recently but are now absent or badly pixellated yet I can receive "London Live" perfectly which I understand comes from Crystal Palace. I tried retuning without any improvement although BBC1 is recognised but no reception or badly pixellated. I assume I have an aerial or MUX/amplifier fault? Could aerial movement explain this problem?
Please advise by email

Mr C. Holding's 1 post GB
MikeB

Mr C. Holding: We are not going to email you, but if you put a postcode into the website when you next post, we can see what sort of signal you should expect, but in the meantime, check your signal strength on all muxes.

MikeB's 2,055 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Tuesday, 21 February 2017
C
Clive Holding
5:13 AM Betchworth

MikeB:
Thanks for rapid response: our postcode is RH3 7BS. We are away for a couple of weeks but will investigate several typicals on each MUX when we return. I assume that will be what's needed and that allocation of channels to MUXes is as shown on this site for all relevant transmitters?

Clive Holding's 1 post GB
Clive's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
MikeB

Clive Holding: Check what your tuned into - Reigate is just 7km away, but Digital UK reckons your great for Crystal Palace (its so much easier with a postcode!).

After that, go through each mux - remember that 'no signal' or bad pixilation can come from too much signal as well. If the muxes are really low, then go through your system, because its a dodgy cable etc somewhere thats the most likely problem.

MikeB's 2,055 posts Platinum Platinum GB