My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound or the channel line up is wrong

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+

To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:

Try this:

1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;

2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;

3) wait 30 seconds;

4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;

5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;

6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;

7) do a complete scan for channels again.

The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.

Can I get German channels on Sky Digital (like it was on analog Sky)?1
Can I use a second dish to watch German programmes from Astra 1?2
Can I get American tv via satellite in Europe?3
Can a satellite at 45 degrees East be viewed in the south of England?4
Can I get sky italia cards in england?5
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?1
I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!2
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 3
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca4
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected5
What are the aerial types about? Are they high-gain?6

Comments
Tuesday, 12 June 2018
StevensOnln1

Graham Smith: Which ITV region do you receive? Are you having trouble with any other channels? Have you checked the cables and connections at the back of your Sky box?

StevensOnln1's 1,734 posts Gold Gold GB
Wednesday, 13 June 2018
Mike Shepherd

I have retuned my tv for dvd channels and seem to have lost can 94.For es TV).
My post code is RH10 4 JG.
How can I obtain ch 94 again.

Mike Shepherd's 1 post GB
Tuesday, 19 June 2018
John

When is the next major rescan due for Sandy Heath and is COM7 and COM8 changing?

John's 15 posts GB
StevensOnln1

John: According to Digital UK, Sandy Heath has frequency changes for COM5, COM7 & COM8 on 17th July, with COM4 changing in early 2020.

StevensOnln1's 1,734 posts Gold Gold GB

John:

Further to that said by StevensOnln1, pust your full post code into the Digital UK Coverage Checker website at http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/index/dummy/NA/yes. That will show you the current channels used by the recommended transmitter and the planned future changes expected over the next few years. It will also advise on wheteh an aerial change might be needed.

MikeP's 2,041 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Wednesday, 20 June 2018
A
Andy

I have not been able to watch any channel 58 or 59 programmes for the last 2 weeks; all show very low signal strength all other channels indicate max (Winter Hill. Manchester M20) There are no indications of reduced power ?

Any suggestions

Andy's 6 posts US
Thursday, 21 June 2018
C
Chris

A lot of people don't realise the older digital TVs might tune to the wrong transmitter if more than one is available, for instance if on autoscan a multiplex is found first from another transmitter which may be weaker than the local one. Do the autoscan procedure without the aerial plugged in, BUT instead of plugging the aerial back in and rescanning, do a manual scan for each individual multiplex channel for the wanted transmitter.

Chris's 1 post GB

Andy:

If the other channels indicate maximum signal strength then you have too much signal and the tuner is being swamped. You need to reduce the strength to between 60% and 85%, see 'too much of a good thing' on this website. Insert an attenuator in the aerial feed to the TV by adding a short flylead so the weight of the attenuator does not 'hang' on the aerial sockets.

MikeP's 2,041 posts Platinum Platinum GB