My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound or the channel line up is wrong

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+

To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:

Try this:

1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;

2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;

3) wait 30 seconds;

4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;

5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;

6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;

7) do a complete scan for channels again.

The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.

Which news channels can be watched for free from satellite?1
Can I move my Sky subscription card between boxes in different room?2
I cant receive any of the free channels - what can I do?3
How and where can I apply for free-to-air via a satellite dish?4
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?1
I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!2
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 3
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca4
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected5
What are the aerial types about? Are they high-gain?6

Comments
Saturday, 14 October 2017

Kab242:

To be able to offer any advice we need to known where you are located, so please give a full post code. Then we contributors can see what the signal reception conditions are at your location.

MikeP's 1,614 posts Gold Gold GB
Sunday, 15 October 2017
K
kab242

Thanks,
Went back to the house yesterday and all was back to normal.
Must have been a mast problem.
Don't understand how the Sony TV had channels back as I left it wiped.

kab242's 9 posts GB

Kab242:

We cannot confirm whether there was any problem with the transmitter as you have not given a full post code. However, it is highly unlikely that there was any such problem with the transmitter else other viewers would have had the same problem. It is more likely that your aerial cables have some corrosion on the connectors, so please unplug all the aerial plugs and refit them in the same position. That tends to remove any surface corrosion from the plugs and sockets - often curing the perceived problem.

Your TV is likely to have retuned automatically.

MikeP's 1,614 posts Gold Gold GB
F
Fred Davies
3:12 PM Darwen

At the time of switchover I had a new arial fitted and since then I have experienced, on some channels, nothing but pixilation and breaking up of sound. I have tried two different t.vs., both brand new, but the problem still persists.
Retuning makes no difference, I've tried signal boosters with the same results. I don't think that the problem can be interference from washing machines, electric drills etc. as I only watch at night and my set is in my bedroom,
I do have another television downstairs but that is on virgin cable and is never on when I am in bed.(I live alone).
I had an engineer look at it some years ago but he just told me to get my virgin service upstairs or give it time and the reception will get better.Neither has happened. My post code is BB3 1NU.

Fred Davies's 1 post GB
Fred's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
K
kab242
5:16 PM Kinross

MikeP.

Postcode is KY13 8FB.
Aerial tuned to Kinross transmitter.
All connections were unplugged and refitted without success.
Channels reappeared next day without touching anything.

kab242's 9 posts GB
kab242's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
MikeB

Fred Davies: Look at the Digital UK link - if your tuned to the nearest transmitter, you just 3 miles from it! Check signal strength - could be way too high, and having a booster would make tat even worse. Secondly, which transmitter are you actually tuned into? You could be trying to get a signal from a transmitter which isn't suitable.

MikeB's 2,261 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Thursday, 19 October 2017
F
F. Alexander
2:22 PM Helensburgh

I live in G84 0AT, Since the Freeview Reset we have lost all channels on our Sony TV, previously well over 100, and on retuning none have re-appeared. Can you help resolve this please.

F Alexander

F. Alexander's 1 post GB
F.'s: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
StevensOnln1

F. Alexander: What reset are you referring to? Have you checked for any loose or damaged cables or connections behind your TV? There are no faults or engineering work showing for either the Rosneath or Garelochhead transmitters (both should provide a good signal at your postcode according to Digital UK's coverage checker).

StevensOnln1's 921 posts Gold Gold GB
Friday, 20 October 2017
JohnB
6:01 PM Banbury

Digital reception in OX15 5FA is very poor for previous three weeks. Checked all connections and digital booster but still an issue. Neighbours also experiencing problems.
Any suggestions to resolve??

JohnB's 1 post GB
JohnB's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage