My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound or the channel line up is wrong

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+

To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:

Try this:

1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;

2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;

3) wait 30 seconds;

4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;

5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;

6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;

7) do a complete scan for channels again.

The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.

Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?2
How can I get Channel 5 on Sky in Ireland?5
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?1
I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!2
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 3
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca4
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected5
What are the aerial types about? Are they high-gain?6

Comments
Saturday, 5 August 2017
DONALD KIRKBRIDE

I have a toshiba dvb RT-97-DT-K-TB and did the retune on wednesday when the bbc news channel moved from 130 to 231 but after retuning i find that the old channels are still listed along with the new bbc and cbbc channels is there any way to delete these channels from the box or will they disappear gradually over time?

DONALD KIRKBRIDE's 31 posts Bronze Bronze US
StevensOnln1

DONALD KIRKBRIDE: There are currently notices on the old channel numbers to advise viewers where to find each channel following the retune. I've read elsewhere that these are due to remain in place until some time in September. Some receivers have the facility to move channels to another number or delete unwanted channels, check the manual to see if yours has this function.

StevensOnln1's 797 posts Gold Gold GB
Sunday, 6 August 2017
A
allan cromarty

Hi Did a retune on my pioneer pdp 436xde since then the channels will not hold in the memory when set to standby, every time I turn the tv on I have to retune. any advise?

regards

allan cromarty's 1 post GB
StevensOnln1

allan cromarty: Make a note of any planned recordings, then unplug the aerial and do a full retune which should delete all stored channels. Then reconnect the aerial and retune again, which should reset your receiver.

StevensOnln1's 797 posts Gold Gold GB
Monday, 7 August 2017
Steve

Hi
For about 10 days now all programmes on UHF Channel 55- mainly BBC programmes - pixelate and break up. I have tried numerous rescans including installation scans but nothing works. All other channels and stations have excellent quality. The aerial is in the loft space and appears OK.
What else can I try?

Steve's 1 post GB
StevensOnln1

Steve: Rescanning will never fix a signal problem as you TV is already correctly tuned. Have you checked for any loose or damaged cables or connections behind your TV? What are the signal strength and quality readings for the channels that aren't working? Please provide a full postcode so we can see which transmitter you're using, where you are in relation to it and your predicted signal strength etc.

StevensOnln1's 797 posts Gold Gold GB
Tuesday, 8 August 2017
R
Robert Warbrick

Steve: I live in Watford and have had the same problem,only on the BBC and BBC HD Channels.ruined the athletics last night.my neighbour has the same problem.Cheers Robert

Robert Warbrick's 1 post GB
Janice Ashley

Since retuning our 3 HD-free-view TVs - all different brands - exactly as advised on the tv notice, all of the HD channels have disappeared! I've been through all the recommended steps, including trying manual retuning but still no joy. As far as I can see on the BBC reception search page, our masts should be the same as they were before: Emley Moor (41) or Chesterfield (21) or Sheffield (29). On a manual retune these all show as "no service". Apart from calling out an expensive engineer I don't know what else to try. Our aerial is in exactly the same place that it was before and we rarely had pixelating. On the TV guide nothing appears between 100 and 120.
Any advice please??

Janice Ashley's 1 post GB
Friday, 11 August 2017
DONALD KIRKBRIDE

I dont have a manual for the dvb box but will wait until they disappear in september then do a full retune to reset everything

DONALD KIRKBRIDE's 31 posts Bronze Bronze US