string(8) "SJ95_41_" How do I change the RF output channel on a Sky Digibox? | UK Free TV 🔒

How do I change the RF output channel on a Sky Digibox?

How do I change the RF output channel on a Sky Digibox?

How do I change the RF output channel on a Sky Digibox?

Press the [SERVICES] button and then press [4] [0] [1] then [SELECT]

Then press [4] to go to the RF output menu.

You can now change the value so that it does not clash with an analogue TV channel or a Freeview multiplex.

HD and "new EPG" boxes

If you have a HD box, press [SERVICES] button and then press [0] [0] [1] then [SELECT]. Nothing is shown on the TV screen until you press the Select button.

Then use the [RIGHT] arrow button on the remote until this screen is shown, and press SELECT to change the values:

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o2
Can I use my ex-contract sky digital satellite receiver to get Freeview channels1
What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau2
Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?3
I have a Panasonic TV with integrated Freeview how can I record Freeview channel4
I have split the signal from my satellite dish and now nothing works.6

Comments
Wednesday, 9 March 2016
john

Still slot of snow on the pic and hardly see the picture , no other aerial connected
Just sky through same booster, why does one of my tv's able to connect to channel 1 from rf mod but the rest is from ch21?

john's 4 posts GB

john : A snowy picture on an analogue TV, or at least a Freeview TV set on analogue rather than DVB, is always a sign of a weak signal, are you sure that the jumper lead connecting the DVR to the TV isn't faulty?.

On the subject of connections, what do you mean by "Sky via a booster"?, maybe you could clarify as to what method you are using to connect the RF outputs from both the Sky box and CCTV camera into the TV? or alternatively, is the Sky box coupled into the TV via either a scart or HDMI lead, and the RF output from the CCTV camera is being fed directly into the TV's aerial socket?

The latter method giving the choice of viewing Sky on the TV by using the "input select" button on the TV's remote control, whereas the CCTV camera can be viewed by setting the TV on analogue, then tuning same to pick up the RF output from the CCTV camera, remembering to store the channel its received on.

If though you are using the RF outputs from both the Sky box and CCTV camera, make sure they are not set on the same channel, as one will interfere with the other if both switched on at the same time.

Maybe you could indicate the model of CCTV camera in question.

jb38's 7,136 posts Platinum Platinum GB
john

Both the sky and cctv are into a distribution amp and go around the house to different rooms, I can get sky with a good picture on channel 68 but the cctv isn't. It's a securicam dvr with output put through a rf modulator would another amp at the tv make the pic any better. The picture is good on channel 1 but can only tune into it on the small flat screen in the kitchen, all the others start at ch 21.

john's 4 posts GB
Thursday, 10 March 2016

john: The channel 1 you refer to has to represent an actual frequency, the question being, exactly what the frequency is? as the modulator is the reason for your problem. To help further clarify the situation, maybe you could indicate the brand model of the TV used in the kitchen, plus also the brand / model number of the modulator being used, these required in order to check the specs of both devices.

By the way, introducing an additional amplifier into the system is liable to make the situation worse.

jb38's 7,136 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Saturday, 21 May 2016
Mike

With a 4G filter fitted to the RF input of your Skybox or distribution Channels 64 and upwards should be useable in most places ?

Mike's 5 posts GB
Wednesday, 6 July 2016
Phillip Ellis

Brian ,
Is it possible to split the two leads from my Sky dish supplying my Sky HD+ box and use them individually
to support two HD+ boxes, each set up for single cable supply. One box I would use for my Sky
subscription
and the other as a Freesat box in an other room , if this is possible would I need to turn off the LNB POWER supply on the secondary box .
I know this sounds like a cockeyed way of going about things but to get to the dish to add extra cables
would be a nightmare .
Yours with fingers crossed. Phil.

Phillip Ellis's 1 post GB

Phillip Ellis : Yes, if you are indeed meaning to use them individually. Although I suppose that you are aware of the limitations imposed on recording when using a single supply cable? insomuch that you cannot view a different channel to the one being recorded unless they are both on the same transponder frequency, although if you tried this whilst recording a message warning of "not possible" or similar would appear on the screen.

Leave the LNB power on, as channel changing in a Satellite box (Sky or Freesat) involves sending instructions to the LNB port being used in the form of a voltage (Hi/Low) for polarity switching, and a tone (On/Off) for band changing, needless to say, each of the boxes sending a different combination of both voltage and tone to the LNB port being used dependant on the programme channel being viewed, as although the LNB has two ports, they operate individually.

jb38's 7,136 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Thursday, 7 July 2016

Phillip Ellis:

You cannot split satellite signal feeds so that two Sky/Freesat boxes get full control over what is received. Each of the coaxial feeds not only carries the signal down from the LNB but also carries the supply power up as well as the control signals. These are sourced individually from the Sky/Freesat box for each of the two downleads normally used. There are satellite signal splitters available but they only allow one of the Sky/Freesat boxes to control the individual LNB. That means that one box sets the LNB for what polarity and what band it receives. Because of that, the second box has no control and has to receive the same as the 'main' box! Also because of that recording on both boxes can be a nightmare with lost programmes or parts thereof!

The only successful way to have two, or more, boxes running off the same LNB assembly is to have a quad (to feed two boxes) or an octal (to feed up to 4 boxes) LNB with individual cables brought down to the several box locations. If your existing dish is giving good reception then this should continue as long as any change to the LNB is done correctly (the skew angles are important).

I'm afraid it has to be a case of 'biting the bullet' and having the extra cables laid in and a possible change of LNB at the same time. Note that adding a second dish of any size onto the same building would require planning permission, which is not always granted.

MikeP's 1,028 posts Gold Gold GB

Phillip Ellis : Re query on splitting Sky+ box cables. Although you had actually mentioned "split", which as MikeP has correctly said cannot be done, my reply was purely based on the assumption that you intended to "separate" the Sky+box cables from each other, using each as an individual Sky+box feed, this being why you had mentioned setting the Sky boxes for single input use.

However, on having re read your posting, I now feel that my assumption on your intentions were incorrect, and as such nullifies the content of my reply, therefore please disregard that said.

jb38's 7,136 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Monday, 19 September 2016
N
Neil H

I live in ST11 postcode area and have recently started to get interference on bedroom & dining room TV's thro' Sky Magic eye. RF is set to 68 which now appears to be used by 02. Which would be the best RF output channel to use in my area.

Neil H's 3 posts GB
Neil's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage