My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected

My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected

My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I e

You need a "wideband" aerial rather than a high gain one (see all about aerials). Also, if you use a signal booster in the setup, this can cause problems with digital signals.

Can I suggest that you try the following:

1. Check that all the connectors are OK, in particular that there are no stray wires and that both the outer shield and inner wire are connected;

2. If you are using any signal boosters, turn them off;

3. Check to see if you have anything like a VCR connected via a UHF fly lead - sometimes these can changed to use channels such as 68.

4. If you have a wideband aerial, if you can try raising it up an additional metre;

See also all about aerials.

We have just cancelled our sky subscription but want to watch freeview using the1
How do I obtain Swiss French German and Polish TV channels?2
Do the latest generation of sat recivers have macrovision as standard. Does this3
I have recently moved house and the previous owner has left the dish up with the4
if I ask to cancel my Sky subscription and just watch the free channels can i a5
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?2
I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!3
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 4
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca5
What are the aerial types about? Are they high-gain?6

Comments
Sunday, 21 January 2018
StevensOnln1

R Nicholson: Digital UK predict no reception for COM5, COM5 & COM6 at your postcode, so you're doing well to be getting them at all. What signal strength and quality readings do you get on the COM5/ArqA channels? COM5 from Pontop Pike is on UHF channel 59 which is only just below the frequencies used for 4G by the mobile networks, hence the at800 filter. Is the filter installed before or after your amplifier?

StevensOnln1's 2,078 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Friday, 26 January 2018
Peter

Hi getting low Signal Strength it gradually disappears then in the morning its fine for weeks we are on Box Hill NR CORSHAM Mendip Transmitter have a J beam Ariel with Masthead pre amp it has been fine for years strong and clear but could it be 4 G affecting my system there are lots of trees about

Peter's 1 post GB
MikeB

Peter: If your getting low signal strength, then your system is NOT fine. Check for loose connection, frayed cable and water getting into the sytem. And masthead amps do go, including the power.

4G is something everyone worries about, but it causes interference, not low signal. And why now?

Check your system.

MikeB's 2,551 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Saturday, 31 March 2018
mark

I am in nr12 and can get no BBC, ITV or CH4 programmes. Have completed full retune but no joy only SKY and pulp channels coming through. What is going on?

mark's 1 post GB
StevensOnln1

mark: Please provide a full postcode so that we can see which transmitter you're using, where you are in relation to it and your predicted signal strength etc. Have you checked for any loose or damaged cables or connections behind your TV? Retuning will not fix missing channels unless a frequency change has taken place.

StevensOnln1's 2,078 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Tuesday, 26 June 2018
Donna
11:58 AM Dudley

im in dy1 2lp area, and cannot recieve channel 11 (pick) can you advise me as to why this is.
i have the same problem wether i view freeview through my tv or freeview box

Donna's 1 post GB
Donna's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
Monday, 17 September 2018
Z
Zoe

Just installed a new youview tv+ box, it's picked up 97 channels but not itvbe (26). My postcode is bn10 area. This channel was fine on my Tvs inbuilt freeview tune. Why is it missing now?

Zoe's 1 post GB
StevensOnln1

Zoe: Do you have Drama (channel 20) and 5USA (channel 21) which are both broadcast on the same multiplex (COM4) as ITV Be?

StevensOnln1's 2,078 posts Platinum Platinum GB