Menu buttonMENU    UK Free TV logo News



Click to see updates
To join, leave or change updates by email, enter your email address here:
BBC Four HD logo


Intelligent, idiosyncratic and provocative perspectives on every subject, for people who think differently.

Main TV channels

How to Watch: BBC Four HD

High definition channels

webotherFreeview logo)Freesat from Sky logoFreesat logo
BBC Four HD funded by the TV LicenceWatch BBC Four HD nighttime106nighttime143nighttime107

Regional content: National channel with no regional content or variations. For full details of broadcaster contacts, see the link icon BBC Four HD page.

Official site: See the link icon BBC Four HD website.

From Wikipedia: - link icon read more about BBC Four HD on wikipedia (summary by Clipped).

Freeview multiplex: BBC Four HD is on multiplex com7 in england flagEngland scotland flagScotland northernireland flagNorthern Ireland wales flagWales .

Tuesday, 10 June 2014
Sue Basketter
12:05 AM

IrvSwerve: I'm in Chichester (Rowridge) and had bad interference on bbc channels last night/today (signal showed low), so eventually retuned - and now all bbc channels gone, although show up in the 800's on channel list (but don't work)! I'm in a flat and this kitchen tv affected is from same aerial connection (dual) as another in lounge that has remained okay throughout! Any ideas please? Both TV's functioned okay in last few years. Thanks.

link to this
Sue Basketter's 1 post GB
Sunday, 7 September 2014
Alan B
12:39 AM Millom

I cannot find BBC four HD on Winter Hill. Neither can I get BBC news HD. These channels were available to me earlier. I am tuned manually and have just done a manual re tune as a result of the channel changes. What is going wrong, please? All the other programmes show up fine.

link to this
Alan B's 4 posts GB
Alan's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
1:24 AM Accrington

Alan B: BBC Four HD is on channel 31 with other HD channels-it's incredibly difficult to receive if you don't have a good aerial and cabling set-up. It's transmitted at a pathetically low power of 24kW erp which means only 70% of viewers in NW England can get it while a remaining 30% don't get it.

link to this
Anthony's 39 posts Bronze Bronze GB
Anthony's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
Friday, 12 September 2014
10:35 PM

I'm in the Exmouth area and I too have lost BBC Four HD. I manually retuned to channel 33 and I still can't receive a signal. It's strange because my humax box has retuned itself to channel 33 and the signal is fine!

link to this
LindyB's 1 post GB
Friday, 19 September 2014
Chris Shaw
9:03 AM


I'm Rowridge too and lost BBC4 HD when they changed the way it is transmitted. I have a tiny aerial in the loft which gets all the other channels perfectly. I cannot be bothered to change it really. The difference in quality is hardly worth the effort.

link to this
Chris Shaw's 1 post GB
Sunday, 21 September 2014
9:16 AM Accrington

Chris-once you've watched BBC Four HD you'll never go back because the picture quality is pinsharp and the sound is infinately clearer, with the added bonus of 5.1 surround on certain programes i.e. films and some excellent european dramas shot in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. It's an audio visual delight put simply.

link to this
Anthony's 39 posts Bronze Bronze GB
Anthony's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
9:20 AM Accrington

Also Chris BBC Four HD is transmitted at much lower power than regular SD channels to squeeze an extra multiplex into the Freeview line up hence why a good number of viewers don't get it;a log periodic aerial of high gain wideband aerial set up well with good cabling should pull it in. It is well worth the extra effort if you can be bothered.

link to this
Anthony's 39 posts Bronze Bronze GB
Anthony's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
Thursday, 25 September 2014
Tony Johnson
12:01 PM

Thanks for the earlier posts and comments. I have no BBC Four HD on freesat for the last few months. Before changes i had a great picture and sound. Any suggestions?

link to this
Tony Johnson's 1 post GB
Monday, 16 February 2015
Muhammad Ishfaq
11:01 AM

Hello Guys I though I might drop some information for you here You can Watch British TV Channels Anywhere in The world now for free British TV Anywhere - Watch Live TV Online For Free

link to this
Muhammad Ishfaq's 2 posts GB
Select more comments
Page 5

Your comment please
Please post a question, answer or commentUK Free TV is here to help people. If you are rude or disrespectful all of your posts will be deleted and you will be banned.

Privacy policy: UK Free Privacy policy.