Do all freeview set top boxes have the same problems - they freeze up get stuck

Do all freeview set top boxes have the same problems - they freeze up get stuck in stand by mode and some turn themselve on and off.

Do all freeview set top boxes have the same problems - they fre

There are several factors that use these boxes to "crash":

• low quality input signal from the aerial
  • sudden electrical noise (such as from a refrigerator or DIY equipment)
  • failed self-updates

Like all digital computer equipment, the Freeview boxes are all designed to diagnose problems during the period after they are turned on.

If you have equipment that is failing more than you expect, you can use your rights under the "Sale of Goods Act 1974 (as amended)" to demand a working replacement within 12 months of purchase.

Can I get German channels on Sky Digital (like it was on analog Sky)?1
Can I use a second dish to watch German programmes from Astra 1?2
Can I get American tv via satellite in Europe?3
Can a satellite at 45 degrees East be viewed in the south of England?4
Can I get sky italia cards in england?5
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?2
I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!3
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 4
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca5
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected6

Comments
Wednesday, 12 July 2017
StevensOnln1

Joe Gooding: Which Goodmans model do you have? What exactly do you mean by continuous record?

StevensOnln1's 1,253 posts Gold Gold GB
Sunday, 7 January 2018
Maureen

My freeview is frozen on a recording I have watched, can't do anything

Maureen's 1 post GB

Maureen:

I suggest you turn off the mains supply all your TV equipment, including any PVRs and STBs, wait five minutes and the turn the power back on and wait a further five minutes to allow the equipment to restart properly. Then check that everything is working correctly.

MikeP's 1,801 posts Gold Gold GB
Monday, 5 February 2018
Steven Hollands

Hello there. We have an Hitachi HDR505, which for the most part works just fine, however, for no apparent reason it will drop out if one is watching live TV through it and what is really weird, at the stroke of mid-night drops out and begins to re-start itself as if the power had be switched off which it has not. This is annoying in the extreme and wonder if there is an underlying cause of some kind. Ventilation does not appear to be a problem and I wondered if there was a timer setting somewhere which I should override. We are confused, so any help would be wonderful. We are in the South of England in that makes a jot of difference.

Regards Steve Hollands.

Steven Hollands's 1 post GB
MikeB

Steven Hollands: I'd check the timer etc to make sure that its not automatically going to standby - if its going off at midnight, that sounds like a setup issue.

To be honest, you might have had that machine seven years, and it wasn't a PVR that was well reviewed at the time. It might just be on its way out, because that software hasn't been updated in a long time, in which case Humax or Panasonic are the ones I'd go for.

MikeB's 2,413 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Wednesday, 7 February 2018
A
Ann

I have a login l1hstb12 which has just stopped working. The green power light stays on and won't change either manually or with remote. I have rebooted but stays the same. Can you help please?

Ann's 1 post GB
Saturday, 10 February 2018
Steve

Just bought a freesat humax box worked ok for ten minutes tried turning of at plug no joy can't get into settings any suggestions please

Steve's 2 posts GB
Steve

Have just bought a new humax freesat box worked for 10 minutes then froze tried turning of at plug no joy can't get into settings any suggestions welcome

Steve's 2 posts GB