Do all freeview set top boxes have the same problems - they freeze up get stuck

Do all freeview set top boxes have the same problems - they freeze up get stuck in stand by mode and some turn themselve on and off.

Do all freeview set top boxes have the same problems - they fre

There are several factors that use these boxes to "crash":

• low quality input signal from the aerial
  • sudden electrical noise (such as from a refrigerator or DIY equipment)
  • failed self-updates

Like all digital computer equipment, the Freeview boxes are all designed to diagnose problems during the period after they are turned on.

If you have equipment that is failing more than you expect, you can use your rights under the "Sale of Goods Act 1974 (as amended)" to demand a working replacement within 12 months of purchase.

Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?2
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?2
I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!3
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 4
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca5
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected6

Comments
Monday, 16 January 2017
A
adrian

my bush t v recorder keeps up dating every hour 'and record playback freezes when this happens.how can i stop up dates

adrian's 1 post GB
Thursday, 16 March 2017
R
Robert McMillan

Hello.
My Goodmans recorder doesn't allow me to access the recordings libary.
It just keeps displaying a device initializing message.
This has been going on for two days now no matter what I do.
Is there a way to get it working without losing all my recordings in the library?
Thanks.

Robert McMillan's 3 posts GB

Robert McMillan:

I don't know that particular box but I suggest you switch it off and then unplug from the main supply, wait at least 5 minutes and then plug into the main again. Then wait a further 5 minutes to let it re-initialise and then try again.

MikeP's 1,450 posts Gold Gold GB
Wednesday, 22 March 2017
R
Robert McMillan

Thanks MikeP
But I think its gone beyond all that stuff as
I have tried this many times in the past to
reset it. It used to work, but it's not playing
ball anymore.
I was thinking if anyone knows of any other
Ways to gain access to the files like using a
PC program or a cooling device to stop it
Overheating?
A long shot I know but I have fantastic stuff
On that box that I have now lost.
Thanks.

Robert McMillan's 3 posts GB
Thursday, 13 April 2017
A
Anne Clulee

My freeview tv is fine until I go into the Library and then it freezes and will not let me exit. I have changed the batteries in remote and rebooted everything (disconnected aerial and switched off for 5 mins), but keep getting same problem. This is very frustrating as there are programmes that I want to record, but know I'll lose the TV if I try to access EPG/Library.

Anne Clulee's 2 posts GB
StevensOnln1

Anne Clulee: What make/model of TV is this?

StevensOnln1's 696 posts Gold Gold GB
MikeB

Anne Clulee: If yout talking about a 'library', that sounds like a PVR, not a TV.

MikeB's 2,154 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Friday, 14 April 2017
A
Anne Clulee

It is a Finlux Model 32H6072-D LED television.

Anne Clulee's 2 posts GB
MikeB

Anne Clulee: I know nothing about the brand, but since it does have a recording to USB function Finlux 32H6072-D 32 Inch LED Widescreen HD Ready TV with Freeview & USB PVR Recording Black (New for 2013) (discontinued by manufacturer): Amazon.co.uk: TV , I assume your using that.

Can't help you about it freezing - the normal thing would be to start with a software upgrade, but since it was discontinued 4 years ago, thats unlikely. Perhaps have a read through the manual and look to see on the net if anyone else has used it in this way and if they've had a similar problem - it could be the formating of the usb stick.

Best suggestion if all else fails is to get a proper PVR with HD, and just use the TV with that.

MikeB's 2,154 posts Platinum Platinum GB