My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o
To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:
1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;
2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;
3) wait 30 seconds;
4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;
5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;
6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;
7) do a complete scan for channels again.
The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.
The Craigkelly transmitter is on the North side of the Firth of Forth almost due North of Edinburgh and is a separate transmitter from the Black Hill transmitter which is about 2/3 of the way between Edinburgh and Glasgow.
UHF C29 at Craigkelly is the SDN multiplex. See https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management/channel-listings for which channels are carried on which multiplex.
I can't find any current faults listed for Craigkelly by Freeview, and it's not listed for Planned Engineering this week, but it was last week. If you perhaps retuned when C29 was off-air, it may have cleared the correct tuning.
See in your TV's tuning section and try a Manual tune for UHF C29 which will hopefully restore your channels.
|link to this comment|