My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o
To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:
1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;
2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;
3) wait 30 seconds;
4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;
5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;
6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;
7) do a complete scan for channels again.
The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.
|BBC Three Linear channel re-opens
|Removing all barriers to communication between diverse cultures
|How do I get a test card with Freeview
|What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau
|Can I receive UK TV in Ghana?
I kive in Witley near Godalming. For the last few days I have hardly any reception of either digital or analogue. Is this likely to be a weather problem? If so will it improve at the digital switchover?
I have a very tall digital aerial which is pointing at Crystal Palace. At one time I could receive most digital channels. Now I can only receive the multiplx with the BBC channels - not the others. Should I retune my aerial to the Guildford transmitter?
Thanks Jack Lee
|link to this comment
Jack's: mapJ's Freeview map terrainJ's terrain plot wavesJ's frequency data J's Freeview Detailed Coverage
Jack Lee: I would see the Freeview reception has changed? | ukfree.tv - independent free digital TV advice page.
Currently, your best digital transmitter is Crystal Palace, but in the long run the Guildford is the only one that will provide you will all the digital services.
|link to this comment