My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o
To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:
1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;
2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;
3) wait 30 seconds;
4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;
5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;
6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;
7) do a complete scan for channels again.
The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.
For the past week there has been poor reception of most non-bbc channels from the Rowhedge, Isle of Wight, transmitters. It has Ben so bad that doing a re-scan of the freeview channels has resulted in many channels missing from the epg list.
After several years of only digital transmission this is really not good.
|link to this|
C. Roberts, Nick Pye, Amanda, Karen, etc:
At present the weather seems to be playing havoc with signal propagation in several areas. In such circumstances DO NOT RETUNE your equipment. If you have already doine that, keep trying each day until the channels return.
As it is a natural phenomenon causing this there is nothing anyone can do.
|link to this|